9 year old Dark pigmentation around lips after cold winter week

My family recently moved from sunny Costa Rica to Texas and we happen to make it for a 12 inch snow fall.  My 9 year old daughter played outside in the snow and her lips became chapped and dry around her lips. The area around her lips has turnedd dark brown, I applied neosporin and later cold sore treatment thinking that is what is was.  A week has passed and the white dryness has disappeared but the dark discoloration has not.  My daughter is hispanic and already has a light tan color but I am concerned the dark patch around her mouth will not go away.

Any other medications I should be using?  Do you think the discoloration is permanent?

Thank you,

Heather
This dark pigmentation can be due to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation after the superficial burns by the snow. Apply cool compresses on the area and do not scrub the skin and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry. Also use a sunburn Over-The-Counter remedy containing aloe vera and a light moisturizer or a dusting powder to relieve chafing. If the symptoms persist then nplease get an examination done from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.