Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.8k Members

A lump on the leg

Hi, I am not sure this would be considered a growth but I have had this lump under my skin for aout a year.  It has never been larger than a pencil eraser but I noticed it because it started out very much raised from the rest of my skin and was red.  I could feel something circular under the skin.  Now it has become less pronounced (can't see it al all) but there is a red circle on the skin where it used to be and I can still feel the circular lump under the skin layer.  When I squeeze the skin, the red mark goes turn flesh tone and I can feel the little lump underneath.  It doesn't bother me past being a little perfect circle red dot on the side of my thigh.  There is no pain.  It has not grown at all and the only change is the actual lump decreasing in size.  There has never been any drainage so I don't think it is infected?  I have no idea.  It just looks like a scar now (the red circle)  What is this? Can anyone shine some light on this?  
1 Responses
Nobody has any ideas?
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions