Acne in neck and jaw line area

I am a 48 yr old male with long history of mild to heavy acne problems. Over the counter medicine, tetracycline, erythromycine, and others common prescribed anti-biotic did not work. Acutane helped but I can't use it do to numerous side effects (bleeding gum, cracking and bleeding lips, drying eyes, worst headaches). I am not sure how much of these are true but since I went through a strict diet to reduce weight (30lbs) two years ago, I got rid of most of my acne problems (on face, back, chest,and arms)- What a nice surprise! - My diet now consists of mostly vegetable and fruits with little meat and starch. Here are the items that I no longer consume: fried stuff, fat, sugar, and others high calories things (i.e. donuts, cakes). I also drink 3 liter of plain water/day. My acne problems now center occasionaly around the area of the jaw line and on both sides of the neck. Is there any reason for acne to show up in these areas? stress? I don't lean or push anything (i.e. phone)in these areas. Any suggestion to get rid of these last problems is greatly appreciated.
Tuan:

I think a treatment plan of topical (external) antibiotics would be best.  You should speak to a doctor or dermatologist about this kind of therapy.  Diet doesn't help most people, but it does seem to have helped you, and certainly, the diet you have chosen seems like a healthy one all around.

Good luck.

Dr. R
DR DOCTOR R,

I AM A 33 YEARS OLD FEMALE , AND ALWAYS HAD A MILD ACNE BUT NOW I AM HAVYNG A CYST HERE AND THERE... I TRYED SO MANY TREATMENTS...CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME , WHAT ID HTE BEST TREATMENT FOR ACNE,AND WHY SO MANY TREATMENTS DON'T WORK!!! IS IT SOMETHING WRONG IN OUR BLOOD, GLANDS OR ..? PLEASE HELP!

THANKS! MARIA
A related discussion, sudden onset acne was started.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.