Acne-like rash on neck (collar line)

I recently developed about two dozen raised, red pimple-like bumbs on my neck, all right about on my collar line. They are red and some of them are painful when touched. Some of them have developed white heads (which makes me think they are some form of acne). However, they are also somewhat like the kinds of raised red bumps that you get from skin irritated after shaving (say, with a dull razor).

Anyone know what these can be? Is it something to get checked out? Theyve been there for about 3 days now and have gotten progressively worse.
From the symptoms they sound like infected hair follicles or boils. Clean the area with topical antiseptics like Dettol and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. Also wear cotton clothes and if the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics or excision and drainage may be needed. Also get you blood sugar levels estimated because you are getting repeated boils which can be in diabetes.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.