Aldara & warts/skin tags

Hello there,thank you for the advice you gave me the other day.I went to my doctor yesterday & he prescribed Aldara cream for me to apply on the warts/skin tags that I have on my face & neck area.Does any one know if this stuff really works,or is there any pre-cautions or side affects that I should be aware of?How long does it take to see results?I was told to apply this cream three times a week.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Aldara( Imiquimoid) comes with a Patient Information leaflet. Read it thoroughly before you apply this medication for the first time.
This medication should be applied right before bedtime on the days of the week directed by your doctor. Wash hands before use. Wash the areas to be treated with mild soap and water and let the area dry. Apply a thin layer of cream to the affected area and thoroughly rub in the medication. Only use enough medication to cover the area being treated. Wash hands after use. Leave the medication on the treated areas for the amount of time directed.
Do not bathe or get the treatment area wet during the time the medication is on the skin. Do not leave the medication on the skin for longer than directed. After the full amount of time as passed, wash the treatment area with mild soap and water.
This drug is packaged in a single use packet and should only be used once and then thrown away. Do not use any leftover cream from an opened pouch.
ref:http://www.medicinenet.com/imiquimod-topical/article.htm