Dermatology Forum

Aldara and squamous cell carcinoma

Dr. Rockoff,
  Thanks for your response!  I have another question.  
   If a lesion popped up as a squamous cell, would Aldara cause a reaction if I usually have a good reaction (resolves the lesion) if I treat basal cell with it?  It seems biopsy results takes weeks to get back and I am just wanting some more information.
  Thanks again in advance!
   Annette
I would expect Aldara to cause a reaction in a squamous cell carcinoma.  But you won't know for sure till you get the biopsy report back.  My pathology laboratory tells me the result in one day.  Waiting weeks is unacceptable.  I suggest you complain until you get the information you need.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, Using Aldara for probable squamous cell carcinoma? was started.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions