Anal and Perineum rash

Hello, for weeks and weeks I have had an inflamed, rashy, itchy problem between my butt cheeks, specifically my anus and my perineum area.  At first I thought I may have had a Hemmoroid as the initial issue seemed to be located at my rectal opening and was painful during a bowel movement....eventually I notice a skin tag and a swollen Pereneum...that resembled a swollen vain running upward toward my scrotum.  I also noticed swollen vein-like lines comingout ward from my rectal opening (when pulled open) although these don't seem to itch and may have always been there with out my realizing.  I went to my Doctor and he said it was NOT a Hemmoroid...that it was a hygene issue...either I clean to much or not enough...and don't dry the area affectovely.  (to clarify, I am overly cleanly)
Eventually this problem has lead to severe itching and rash symptoms, especially at night.  I feel as if I may have caused the rash by scratching and trying various creams.  After lots of reading I decided to try clean the area with a guaze pad and epson salt solution (tablespoon of epson salt in 1/4 cup water) twice a day, dry the area completely and then add a smear of Balmex (baby diaper rash cream) to the area to act as a moisture barrier.  This has decreased the inflamation and rash from about an "open hand" sixed area down to what it was like when this all first began (just the area around the anus and Perineum).  I have it some what under control, but this doesn't mean I have conquered the problem.  I have read other possibilities...Do I have Piles? Is it Sporiasis? Egsma?  Cooincidently, my face broke out in a rash that appears to be subsidding after just 2 days...I am not sure if this is related or not.  Years ago I had a really bad case of Psoriasis that required Light therepy...it was a problem for a bout a year and went away never to return, aside from some minor patches here and there.  
Help!

Are you having any other associated symptoms of pain, bleeding, itching, mucoid discharge, etc?

This could be an anal skin tag secondary to anal fissures, hemorrhoids, warts due to human papillloma virus, moles, or in rare cases due to rectal cancer.

'An anal fissure is an unnatural crack or tear in the anus skin. As a fissure, these tiny tears may show as bright red rectal bleeding and cause severe periodic pain after defecation.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_fissure

and

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anal-fissure/DS00762

'Symptoms of external hemorrhoids may include painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus that results when a blood clot forms. This condition is known as a thrombosed external hemorrhoid.

In addition, excessive straining, rubbing, or cleaning around the anus may cause irritation with bleeding and/or itching, which may produce a vicious cycle of symptoms. Draining mucus may also cause itching.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemorrhoid

It would be best to consult a surgeon for your symptoms to find out the cause of your complaints.

Till then you could try eating a high-fiber diet, using stool softener, taking pain killer and having a sitz bath for your symptoms. Apply calamine lotion at the site, keep the area clean and well moisturized, wear lose, comfortable clothes and maintain good personal hygiene.

Let us know if you need any other information. Post us about how you are doing.

Regards.