Avatar universal

Any suggestions for a dermatologist?

I have a big white colour birthmark on my arm and it is enlarging gradually. It was a small white spot when I was young now it is the almost third all over on my upper arm. Does anyone know about enlarging birthmarks please help me. I have consulted a skin specialist they said nothing can do with this it is worrying me a lot.     please let me know?
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
134578 tn?1614729226
It sounds like vitiligo, but why would your doctor not have said so if that is what it is? Vitiligo is harmless, and not uncommon, some famous people have had it (I believe Michael Jackson was said to have had it, and there is a well-known model who has it). But no doctor would shrug it off as a birthmark, they would call it by its proper name. You could google it and see if it looks familiar.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions