Appearing Disappearing Armpit Bruises

Ok so first I'm 32 years old and 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed type 2 diabetes, I have been taking Metformin 500mg twice a day for 2 weeks with no side effects. This morning I was especially happy to find my blood sugar at 115 been below 200 since I started medication but then I went into the bathroom to take a shower and took my shirt off and BAM! both armpits had very dark blue in the middle yellow on the edges bruises, so big they took up the entire pit and some of the arm!
Well I called my Dr who was going to call me back, 2 hours later I'm scared reading about leukemia (dad just got through with his treatments) and said to hell with this i'm going to shower. I took a very hot shower, the Dr called an hour after I got out, were talking and while I have her on the phone I go to look at them again to describe them and TAH DAH! All gone, and I dont mean slightly faded I mean gone, like magic.
Did the Hot water do it? Did an hour do it? Please if anyone knows anything let me know.