Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
Avatar universal

At Home Chemical Peel for Dark Skin?

Hi, I have dark skin and would like to do an at-home chemical peel. I have never done this before but have excessive acne scarring and dark circles. Can you tell me what product(s) I need to purchase and what %, etc. I need? I think it it a TCA peel but I'm not sure.  Thanks!!
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
Acne scars are scars with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. The treatment for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation includes various skin creams like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Apply hydroquinone cream on this scar and it should go away in a few days to months. If it still persists then you can go in for laser treatment, Chemical peeling or microdermabrasion. Avoid using TCA on your own as it may cause irritant contact dermatitis or chemical burns.

My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions