Black moles

I'm wondering what the two large black moles,quarter size, are on both side of my cheek.  They are right by my rectum?

This discussion is related to Small mole?? an inch from anus.

How long have you had these moles?Are there other signs or symptoms present? Moles are flat or elevated, flesh coloured to dark-brown to black markings which can be located anywhere on skin surfaces of the body. The number of moles that develop in an individual is determined by both genetic factors and by sun exposure.

It is important to know the ABCDE criteria for assessing cancer: A for assymetry, B for border, C for color, D for diameter and E for elevation.  A new mole after the age of 25 should also be reviewed by your doctor. Melanoma is one type of cancer that should be ruled out. If there are changes and fails to revert to normal and continues for more than a month, it is best to see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Take care and keep us posted.