Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.5k Members

Blister like bump on lip.

I have had this bump on my lip since June of 2008 and it wont go away.  My son bit me and left a rather large mark and here it is over a year later and it still bleeds atleast once a day. It gets small and scabs and then gets huge and breaks open and bleeds. My doctor called it mucolytis(sp)? I google that and everything about Chemo an Radiation pop up, I have had neither of these treatments. Any ideas what may get rid of this?  I have tried herpicin L, Abrevea, Lysine, changing my diet, letting it dry out. Almost everything I have pretty much lost my mind about it.  I cannot afford to have it removed like my doctor suggested. Thanks!!

Aubrey
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Three possibilities are possible for such bump. It can be due to cold sores caused by herpes simplex virus, pyogenic granuloma(benign growth that often appears as a rapidly growing, bleeding bump on the skin or inside the mouth.) or some other benign growth. Injury wounds do not present for such a long time after injury.

My sincere advice would be to discuss these possibilities with your dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions