Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
Avatar universal

Boil like things on my scrotum

I am a mail aged 30 yrs and have a very concerning problem. I have pimples/boils on my scrotum skin for some years now. i have had no irritation or itchiness and they neither bleed or ooze out any purse. When i try to burst them they dont and feel like hard rubber.

Can anyone tell me what it can be?
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
It can be an infected hair follicle or a boil or a sebaceous cyst. A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean.Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions