Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members

Brown bumps above penis

Hi, I'd be really glad is someone could give me a hand and tell me what exactly are these brown bumps near my pubic area are. They just appeared now, and the skin below them is brown. They're small bumps, and don't itch/hurt. They're small, and are only affecting me there. I'm a virgin, so I wouldn't be sure how it would be a STD. Does anyone know if this is something serious? Do they go away with time?

Thank you.
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374246539
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
These can be fordyce spots. They are small (1-5mm) bright red or purple papules that can appear on the penis or testicles. They usually affect younger men, and appear in crops. They are painless and not itchy, but are embarrassing because of their appearance.  

If the spread or worsen then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions