Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Bump on breast

I have a red bump w/ a tiny black pin dot in the middle in my left breast under the areola.
3 Responses
Update: I believe my bump is a spider bite.
707563 tn?1587576687
How are you doing now?

Spider bites can get nasty, so keep an eye on this. If it starts to feel warm to the touch, or the redness around it starts to grow, see your doctor promptly. If you get nauseous or get a fever, go to the emergency department at your local hospital.

Feel better!
2 Comments
Yep, Emily, as you know some people have an immune system that over reacts tremendously. That's rare, but it sometimes happens and can ruin a person's health with wide ranging symptoms that can last a very long time.
Yes, this is an excellent point. Thanks, Ken.

Also, Mardigrasgal, if you haven't had the bump confirmed as a spider bite, you should see your doctor. It could be something else, like a tick, and you'll want to react to that quickly.
1081992 tn?1389903637
It would have been useful to know how big the bump is, and how bad the redness and other signs are. If it's small and not very badly inflamed, I wouldn't personally worry about it much - though I would remember this if any odd symptoms develop down the road.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions