Avatar universal

Bumps and dry skin very confused

A couple months ago i went to a dermatologist and was told i had eczema and hpv....my hands,wasteline,inner thighs, under arms,lower back, and genitals were all incredibly itchy, along with tiny bumps...however the ones on the genitals dont scab or anything there just fleshcovered but there not cauliflowered looking or anything there just smooth bumps, originally 1 by the base...and 1 up by the foreskin then 2 small ones on the side of the shaft that tend to go away....i was prescribed clobetasol 5% and told to use it for 2 weeks...i went through 2 full tubes of it...while on it the itch went away but im sure thats being its a corticosteroid...after i got off it the itch was back to unbarable...i went to a different doctor as i didnt think i had hpv or eczema....he tells me its scabies and completely rules out hpv and eczema....i then used permetherin cream 5%....cleaned literally everything in my whole house and put everything in garbage bags and then went and stayed at a friends house for a full week so that there was nothing going on in my house....i came back a week later and used the cream one more time which is what my doc said to do...its been a few days and the itch def has cleared up a little...bumps are going away everywhere but the genital area....however my inner thighs and wasteline still seem to be just as itchy as they were before the cream...i understand i have to allow some time before that completely goes away but i have had scabies before and when i did the treatment last time the itch wasnt like this a few days later....my question is are they any other diagnosis that can mimic hpv?...i know its not the papules or whatever they call it...its not fordyce spots or foliculitis...that has all been ruled out...which leaves me incredibly confused as to what this could be...plus im uninsured and cant keep spending money to keep getting misdiagnosed...any help would be greatly appreciated
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Helpful - 0
563773 tn?1374246539
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be genital warts,Hailey Hailey disease or pemphigus or Darier disease.Exact diagnosis can be confirmed only after biopsy of the lesion.So I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get biopsy done.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions