Avatar universal

Bumps in pubic area

I noticed some bumps in my pubic hair.

I'm a 22 yr old male and have had a lot of risky sex so I would not be surprised if these are HPV warts. However, they do not seem to be warts (or at least the types of warts you see/read about on the internet).

These bumps are on the skin of my pubic area. They are mainly flat and roundish (however one or two of them looked more like a skin tag than a bump). None of them were of any significant size (all well under half an inch).

So I squeezed them out.

And for each bump it was the same. I would squeeze it and a solid mass would come out (sort of like a blackhead). The mass was not very hard like a pebble or tough blackhead, however it was not waxy or soft; it retained its shape if squeezed or pressed on but it was still fleshy. They were flesh colored although some had a darker hue to them. They popped out when squeezed as if they were lodged in my skin and each one was smooth and roundish (while the skin-tag looking ones were not). They would leave behind a small hole in my skin that would begin to bleed so I cleaned the areas with hydrogen peroxide and applied pressure. They are now scabbed over and healing.

I do not know how long they have been hiding in my pubic hair (or how long they have not been in there). I just noticed them yesterday. However, a couple of months ago I did find one on the crease of my scrotum and inner thigh. And it did the same thing: I squeezed it, a fleshy mass came out, it bled, healed, and disappeared. I looked for it in the same area and have found nothing, so it seems these things respond to being dug out.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I'm just trying to figure out what these are. I plan on going to a clinic if they grow back or if I end up seeing more in my pubic area or on my actual genitals.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
I had two of the same bumps last night that is why i went looking for answers what they could be and ended up here.. Any answers what the could be?
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
wow i have the same thing in im a virgin im really scared in  also embaressed to go to the hospital but i will ive had them since i was 14 i am now 20 i really want to get rid of them in i have one that keeps comeing back.
Helpful - 0
563773 tn?1374246539
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be rash due to friction rub, folliculitis, cysts ,molluscum contagiosum(multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug) or genital warts(caused by HPV infection).

Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lumps persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions