Bumpy/Rough Facial skin

While I don't have cystic acne or anything as serious, my skin is very red and has chicken skin-like patches on my cheeks and around my nose and eyes. My skin is very rough, making it look dull (and terrible if i attempt to wear makeup and/or sunscreen). My cheeks have flesh colored pits and bumps that never seem to go away, regardless of the acne products I use. Is there a way to make my skin smoother and more uniform in texture/make it not as dull? Is laser resurfacing/chemical peel a viable option in a case like this? Attached is a picture of my bare skin though the large bumps on my cheeks aren't easily visible due to flash. I can provide another if necessary:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ef3kow.jpg
What you are having is whiteheads and blackheads and atrophic scars causing pitting. It is caused by excess oils that have accumulated in the sebaceous gland's duct.

Cleanse the area thoroughly and apply a good mild exfoliating scrub on that. Apply a medicated cream or gel containing resorcinol, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. This helps is soaking the oil and helps in peeling away the blackheads.If benzoyl peroxide leaves your skin dry, apply an oil-free moisturizer after 10 mins of applying benzoyl peroxide.
For the pits, dermabrasion, chemical peels, collagen fillers and laser resurfacing can be tried. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.