54k Members

Burned lip

Years ago,I burned my mouth, when I took a sip of coffee, which was hotter than I realized. The skin on lower lip refuses to turn back to normal color.It doesn't hurt. Is there a cream, or ointment I can put on my lip to hide the burned look?
First of all, smoking and chewing, biting or pricking the skin of the lips should be avoided. The most effective solution for treating dark lips is alexandrite and ND-Yag Q-Switched laser treatment. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.