Burning skinon hands without visual indications

I am a 22yo female who is extremely health conscious.  I am a well balanced vegan who eats only organic and I have no known health issues.  Two nights ago, I woke up several times to a burning feeling on mt finger crotch between my pinkie and ring finger on my left hand.  I had cut up jalapenos for some guac, so I didn't think much of it.  The next morning I went to do some volunteer trail work when the burning persisted in intervals and began to spread to my palm.  I kept stopping to investigate, but couldn't see any irritation, blotchiness, hives, scratches, or anything, so I continued with my day.  The pain remain and began to spread towards my thumb.  I began to get nervous and tried to wash my hands with some gentle soap and add a little apple cider vinegar to it just to see what happened.  For the entire week before I had just began working in a kitchen, where I am exposed to very small quantities of bleach, I have to wear latex gloves the entire time, and I had to wash dishes with a pressure washer once.  I thought maybe one of those factors could be why my hand was feeling that way.  When I finished the trail work, I went to do some errands.  By then the pain was in a majority of my palm and all fingers but my pointer finger.  It began to feel numbing.  I could not touch my own skin, or else it would scorch, but touching my boyfriends hand or skin hurt significantly less.  In fact, touching or not touching anything hurt, but the pain only came in waves.  Then came this odd feeling in my right hand, which ultimately led to the same excruciating pain that I had in my left.  What really scared me was this freaky.... hollow feeling running down my forearm starting at my wrist leading to my elbow.  I don't know how else to describe it.  It was just this cold empty feeling while the fingers tips on my left hand went ice cold.  The finger tips in my right hand were hotter to than I could have ever imagined.  I had to show my boyfriend to confirm and he insisted that we went to the ER.  I was just so curious to see if it would go away on it's own, that I wanted to wait.  I could get no relief until I found this small polar fleece panda stuffed animal in Target.  I kept petting it and it almost completely took away some of the pain.  Yesterday morning I could still feel the pain coming in waves, but it was significantly better, and by the evening the pain was totally gone.  Today, I only feel slight sensitivity.

Just to recap: Friday evening the pain started.  Saturday the pain flew off the handle with a couple extra odd symptoms and was relieved by a panda.  Sunday it persisted sightly, but ended. Monday (today) it's completely gone and now I'm only feeling sensitivity in the areas where it hurt the most.