Avatar universal

Can anyone help identify the bump on pubic area?

Can anybody help me identify this bump.? This has been in the area for a while, but it does not harm me. A few months ago it was bigger, and painful but I pulled the hair string out(  I think it was a ingrown hair).  Then it turned into a pimple form with a white head, But I could not bust the whitehead. Today, I have noticed that it has gotten bigger and more painful. Even with light touches. I have not went to a doctor because I thought it was normal but before I make the decision to talk to my doctor about it can this be treatable with over the counter ointment or pills.


1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
3191940 tn?1447268717
That link doesn't work for me.  At the very least, I'd use antibiotic ointment on it.  It sounds like it was, in fact, a pimple or ingrown hair, and in your attempt to pop it, you aggravated the problem.  If it is an infection and continues to be painful, you should see your doctor RIGHT AWAY.  A spreading infection requires at least oral antibiotics, and the correct antibiotic would be determined by the type of infection.  Don't let it get out of control, or it will require surgery.  If it starts to go down, or at least doesn't get worse, with topical antibiotic cream, then just let it heal and don't keep touching it.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions