Can rosacea be caused by a chemical peel

I really hope that there is somebody who can answer my question.

I am 28 years old female with a very senstive and thin skin. I have a very mild acne (especially on my forehead) and was recommended a light exfoliation treatment to help treat it.

I had a fruit acid facial peel (15%)almost 8 months ago now - after this exfoliation treatment my face turned red and peeled for a week. When the redness faded away I was left with slightly dilated capillaries on my cheeks. I decided to return to this beauty salon where the treatment was performed and was seen by their dermatologist who was in a total disbelieve that these broken capillaries on my face were result of the facial peel I had. After a very unpleasant discussion I was offered an IPL treatment, which I accepted and had so far two IPL treatments on my cheeks and also for some reason on my nose.

I found that the first treatment had a very good impact on the affected areas but the second one didn't make much difference. I am now due a third IPL (it's been more than 6 weeks after the second IPL). Between these IPL treatments I had a series of flushing and burning to my cheeks and nose. My face has also become intolerant to my usual facial cleanser and other cream and lotions I have used before. I'm really worried as the flushing is becoming more and more regular and prominent. I suspect that I might be developing rosacea.

I will be greatfull for any suggestions and comments.

thefifers
The exact cause of rosacea is not known. The basic process seems to involve dilation of the small blood vessels of the face. It can be due to genetic causes, hormonal problems, the bacteria Helicobacter pylori (that is associated with stomach ulcers), gastrointestinal disease, and medications that cause blood vessels to widen.

Treatment options vary from antibiotic creams, antihistaminics, sun screens to laser treatment. A dermatologist’s evaluation will be the best.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.