Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members

Cellulitis... Contact dermatitis...?

A week I had a couple small patches of dry scaly red of what I thought was eczema and treated as such. GP said fungal infection so I began Clotrimazole. Over the next few days it really flared up to a red rash spreading rapidly. I went back to doc and she said it looked like a bacterial infection so she put me on hardcore antibiotics. It's been 4 days now and not much improvement. Symptoms include red, burning, pain, some crusty yellow oozing parts,  hot to touch, itchy, and then there's a white line that extends beyond the rash, and within its perimeters is slight swelling, really hot to touch, and slightly red/purple. It also itches. But this is above the main rash. Weird...? The yellow oozing crust went away after gp gave me a super dose of another anitbiotic.
Went to dermatologist today and he said contact dermatitis. I can't recall anything I've changed though that would cause allergy. He gave me cortisone to put on and wet wraps but I used cortisone cream when it began and it didn't do anything. I'm not convinced.
Any suggestions? It is not apreading much anymore apart from the White line that moves a bit further every day.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions