54k Members

Chemical burn?

3 weeks ago i used a retinol lotion as well as used a glycolic acid facial scrub.  Later that day i was stranded outside for several hours as i had car trouble.  It was a hot, sunny, 90 degree day.  I noticed my face burned and felt very tight and when i arrived home and looked in the mirror i found my face not only burned, but actually looked like the skin below my eyes, along each side of my nose, across my upper cheeks and down the sides of my nose to my lips had a scalding burn like something youd see from being burned or scalded by fire or hot water.  I applied hydrocortisone and vaseline several times a day but my skin seemed to be so dried up with a completely different texture that it looked and felt like sandpaper all day.  Even now, 3 weeks later, its better but my skin texture remains very dry and irritated and i have little bumps and still what looks like scalding burn scars particularly below my eyes and sides of my nose to the cheeks.  Is there anything else i can do for this and do those kinds of "burns" scar permanently?  Thanks.
From the symptoms it sounds like sunburns. Apply cool compresses on the area and take bath with cool(not very cold) water. Do not scrub your skin or shave your skin and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry. Also use a sunburn Over-The-Counter remedy containing aloe vera and a light moisturizer or a dusting powder to relieve chafing.You can apply silver sulfadiazine (1% cream) on the skin except face and see if it helps. Please do not break open the blisters.

If the symptoms persist then get topical antibiotics prescribed from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.