Chest / Back Acne

Hi there,

I have a moderate grading of Acne all over my chest, and back, and I am a 26 year old male. I've tried Proactive, I've tried topical antibacterial applications (via doctors prescription), and I have tried 3 repeats of consecutive oral antibacterials of 50mg tablets (via a Dermatologist prescription)

The tablets did not remove it all. However, while on the tablets, it did reduce the amount significantly on the skin. Now that I have run out of that prescription, for approximately a week - ALL of the acne has returned just as bad, in the same areas.

Are all of these oral treatments and topical treatments a waste of time? . They all seem to loosely manage the problem while using them; though none of them ever seem to actually FIX the problem?

In addition to this, are there laser treatments available that treat Acne itself (as opposed to the scars)?? and will this actually work?

This discussion is related to body acne.

Back and shoulder acne are quite difficult to treat compared to acne on other parts of the body. Thoroughly wash your body everyday, especially the back and shoulder part using a back brush and frequently change your bed sheet, as it is conducive for bacterial growth.Engage in a diet that is low in sugar and fat but is rich in vitamins. This prevents acne by preventing the buildup of excess oil on the skin.Also refrain from touching or squeezing your shoulder acne.Also try to keep your hair free of dandruff by using good antidandruff shampoos.You can also apply benzoyl peroxide creams or clindamycin cream on the acne.

If the symptoms persist, then oral antibiotics may be needed Please consult a dermatologist then.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.