Clear bumps on lips

A few days ago my lips started feeling a little irritated. I kept putting on chapstick because I thought my lips were just chapped. They still felt irritated and whenever I pressed my lips together it felt like there was something on my lips. When I took a closer look in the mirror, I noticed tiny clear bumps on my lips. Does anyone know what this is and what caused it? Also, how can I get it to go away?
This could be an allergic reaction of the lips in response to use of lip products.A cosmetic allergy results when an individual develops a sensitivity to certain ingredients (such as dyes in lipsticks or flavoring agents). Allergies are unpredictable and can happen even in reaction to well-manufactured products made by reputable companies. Since sensitivities often develop and increase over time, a reaction can occur from an ingredient in a product even if you have used the product for years. Unfortunately, once an allergic reaction occurs, it will generally happen again.

You will have to stop using the offending product and treat the lips with a mild Corticosteroid ointment like Desonide. You can also try anti-histamines like Cetrizne if it  itches.

This could also be due to photosensitivity, where sun exposure in which the symptoms resemble those of a sudden violent sunburn: redness, pain or burning or swelling.
Cheilitis refers to persistent inflammation of one or both lips. It could be due to VitaminB deficiency and will respond to steroids. You need to take a multi vitamin every day for a month and improve your diet.

ref:http://www.blistex.com/Other_lip_problems.htm
I thought they were fever blisters at first and have been using something called Campho-Phenique for two days. Should I stop using this? Also, can Desonide and Cetrizne be bought over the counter at places such as Walmart or RiteAid? or do you need a prescription for this?
To: Dr_Aparna
You can stop using the previous medication and start on these.
Both of them should be available OTC.
Cetrizine is an antihistamine and Desonide is a very mild Corticosteroid medication.
Around two years ago I got this sore on the inside corner of my mouth. I thought I just bit it in my sleep. A few days later I noticed little clear bumps all over my lips. They itched slightly and they weeped. Now today I still get the bumps/ blisters. They might go away for a day or two when I put Viractin on them sometimes a week but they still come back. My doctor thought it was from having strep throat so many times as a kid so my tonsils were removed but I am still getting the bumps. They do not hurt, they are just annoying because they wont go away and I don't know what they are.