Cluster Pimples Upper Back

For the last 2/3 years now, I have been getting this acne looking pimples on my upper back.  I have had back acne for sometime now, practically since puberty (I'm 25).  It hasn't been as bad as it was in the past recently however.  i'm guessing cause I'm just getting older.  However, the last 2/3 years.  I have been getting a small group of clustered pimples (with pus visible) in the same spot.  Probably 2/3 times now in the last 2/3 years they have come about in the same spot.  Its an area thats probably 2 inches across and 2 inches down.  Theres probably about 4-6 pimples in the area.  They all have pus and they do hurt sometimes.  Sometimes they won't.  I'll be honest i have popped them and white pus releases. I don't know if thats the right thing to do or not.

Why is it possible that this group of pimples sometimes just shows up in the same exact area (area is on my left upper back in between spine and shoulder blade.  Is it just acne that most people typically get or could it be something else?  Thanks!