Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

Concerned about my abscess

I am a 21 year old male, and I am obese. I've had a continuous abscess on the bottom right of my stomach for over a year now. I have mentioned to my doctor plus the ER doctor and they both said it was from my weight and from the skin rubbing or something like that. I'm not even entirely sure if they used the term 'abscess', but that's what I'm guessing. It's like a bump under my skin contained with pus and blood. It seems to go away if I don't mess with it (squeezing it, pushing it), but I have a habit to always mess with it. I poked a paper clip through it to drain it, but I think that only irritated it more, cause it's quite large now, I don't think it's ever been this big. My doctors didn't seem to concerned when I showed them a while back, but they haven't seen it while it's this large. Could this kill me? I'm gonna leave it alone so it will heal, but I'm scared it will kill me somehow. Should I go back to the doctor even if I've had 2 ok's from the doctors?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions