Cortisone shot skin issues

I received cortisone shots in both elbows aobut 6 months ago, and both developed the rather common pale discoloration patches. The right elbow has cleared up, but the left has gotten substantially worse. The patch has grown, the skin is very tender, and has a tendency to bleed very easily. Merely putting on a sweater is abrasive enough to cause the area to "seep" blood through the skin. My doctor has adopted a wait and see attitude, but I'm not quite sure what I'm waiting for. Will it clear up eventually? should I seek other treatment?
Skin discoloration at the injection site, atrophy skin and thinning of the skin are frequent side effects of steroid shots. These indentations which have formed after steroid injections can take upto 6 months to heal and fill in when collages in formed but sometimes it may take longer or less depending on the depth of the indentations and the response of the skin. If they persist then you can get collagen filling and laser resurfacing done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.