DRY CRACKED SKIN ON EYELIDS

I have had dry, swollen, cracked, peeling skin on my eyelids which has become progressively worse over 7 years.  Have been prescribed cortisone but only is an overnight cure.  Is this exceme?  or psoriasis?  or allergies?  How can I get over this???  HELP!!!
I have the same problem!
Dry, cracked skin that I have to peel off of my upper eyelids.

It comes in waves. It might be bad for a week and go away for a month, or vice versa. It seems to be worse when the weather is hot or dry, but sometimes that makes no difference. And sometimes it cracks so badly it bleeds, like chapped lips.

I went to my doctor and he said that I had a "skin condition." I'd never wanted to beat someone so badly. That's like diagnosing somebody in the ER as "sick" or having some sort of "wound." He gave me fluorometholone ophthalmic ointment. It sort of worked for a little while, but eventually became no more effective than neosporin. Both seem to only temporarily moisturize the area. Now I just use vasoline. It doesn't do anything to cure it, but at least I can walk around for a few hours without looking like a leper.

The most frustrating part is that nobody (including my doctor) knows what this is. I've searched all over for eyelid disorders and nothing even mentions dry, cracking, peeling skin. There's gotta be a dermatologist out there who has seen this and knows what to do. Please help.
  I have the same problem with my eyelids.  Here is the condition, it only happens when I am in a certain area and sweat a lot.  I only get it when I go over to my grandmother's house and where I train.  I am allergic to something there.  When I left for a while, it was gone and didn't come back until I went back to her house.  So try getting out of that particualr area.  High amounts of dust, feather pillows, or even environmental.  I left for Iraq, where I sweated a ton, however it never bothered me getting sweat in eyes unless I am at my grandmother's house.  Vacuum a ton and try keeping ice packs on it when it is swollen.  Use a different detergent on your clothes and even change your cologne.  You are allergic to something.  I still don't know what it is for me, but when I eliminated everything by moving..... it cleared up for over a year without a breakout.  Now that I am back home at her house, I have had it for 3 months straight.  I am looking for a house to get my own "CLEAN" space.

Eczema is a  persistent skin conditions  that presents with swelling, dryness and recurring skin rashes which  may itch  or bleed. There is no known cure for eczema, thus treatments aim to control the symptoms: reduce inflammation and relieve itching.  However, it is difficult to diagnose without direct examination of your eyelid.  It will also help if you have this checked by an eye specialist or opthalmologist for further evaluation.

Take care and keep us posted.

My son has the same problem and he has had it for years and we been to lots of doctors and know one can tell me how to help him hes only in 6th grade and everyone always asks him whats wrong with his eyes there all red and peel where his eyelashes grow out from both top and bottom sometime so bad they start to bleed . I've try everything that you can put on the eyes and nothing helps .I feel really bad cause I know kids at school can be mean about things that are diffrent. Please Help . And tell me what I can do for him.
I've struggled with this also, the thing I've found that works is going on a sugar free diet,  I've come to believe it's a yeast infection.  Don't blow me off, I'm serious, my son had the same thing on his neck when he was a new born, it would peel and crack.  I've also found boosting my immunity with vitamin c and drinking lots of water and don't forget your b vitamins!
How many of you were Military? I have had the same problem, it started as dry skin on my hands at the web between my thumb and index fingers, then moved to behind my knees, and on my feet, my toenails did not grow well either. I also now have issues with candida or yeast and when it hit my eyelids, I looked like a Racoon, I used to think it was an allergy to polyester, but the more and more I learn I am finding that the POLIO Vaccine and others in the Military were failing tests and they tried to get rid of it by selling it to third world countries, when they were refused they had so much invested in the study that they had to send the vaccine through, now its causing all sorts of skin issues with soldiers and their children, this problem is actually now in our DNA and will determine how we form in the next mellenia of human evolution.
I joined today to reply to this thread about itchy, bleeding and cracking eyelids. I am non-military but like hundreds of millions out there I was vaccinated as a child. I had this problem a few years ago. I went to the University of Minnesota and had it biopsied. ( I wish there was a spell checker in here) Afterwards I was told it was some type of soriahsis(sp) and given a very powerful steriod ointment. It turned my eyelids into leather and I stopped after a month. I also had it spread from my eyelids to the back of my knees and to a sensitive area below the belt and as a guy it was not fun. I am not sure what made it stop but after reading a post from "hawkify" above I realize that I had a down comforter for years and finally threw it away shortly before the problem stopped. I always take allegra for general allergies which I think helps but back to my point. Two months ago I started using a new down blanket and pillow but I also started a new exercise routine and I started taking new vitamin pills. So I will try and keep an update as to the staus of my issue but I am focusing on the down and vitamins, hard for me to believe my body would be so reactive to its own sweat. I will get rid of the blanket and switch off the vitamins for a few weeks and post back.
about 4 months ago i started with a small red scabby look above my left eyelid as the time went by it is spreading on my eyelid, it looks red and flakey and yes it itches sometimes, it looks horrible and i want it to go away, it makes me sad because i love wearing makeup and i have stopped do to the look, i also thought it was the makeup doing that but i am not sure :( - i dont know what to do - and i just started this new job and cannot afford to take off for a dermatoligist until i complete my 3 months ,,urggggg i am so sad
From LadyA65
I will definitely try getting a new down comforter or even new bedsheets after you had mentioned this. I'm a typical college student whose last thing on my mind is bedsheets. But I am currently experiencing the same exact thing as you were. I've always kinda had dry skin all over my body. But recently I've realized my eyelids are getting progressively worse and I'm starting to scratch the back of my knees, which have by this point turned red, scabby, and scaly. I'm also experiencing some dryness down below the belt as well. Thanks for the help. I'm gonna try using your suggestions!
I also suffer from this and it only flares up once in a while but this last time it has been so bad just couldn't stand it anymore.  So I went to the store and bough some destin and started using it at night the redness was gone overnight but still a little dry and cracked but going to contine to use.  I have eczema on other parts of my body but that seem to itch more than what I have on my eyelids.  I did try my medication for my eczema on my eyelids and found no relief.  I would suggest giving the destin a try.
I just recently had this problem flare up. I was unsure of what it could be, maybe allergies or something else. I didn't bother with a dermitologist because the last thing I needed to hear was that I had "dermatitis". I find that to be a complete cop out. When I was looking up causes/treatments, it was interesting for me to read about someone struggling with candida because I have had a rash on my neck flare up in the past and the only thing that helped was going on a sugar free, low carb and low acidity diet (no vinegar and no artifical sweetners except something natural like stevia). It ***** and the diet is very restictive but the rash did clear up. I am going to go back on it to see if my eyelids start to clear up as well. Reading these responses has helped me tremendously.
This may be caused by a condition called blepharitis (check spelling) which is a condition with your eyelids that causes redness of eyes, eyelids, etc.  Dry skins is also a symptom.  I was diagnosed with this last year at my eye appointment and told to use baby shampoo.  At the time I did not have the dry skin, but recently this started to happen.  I will have my yearly eye exam and ask the doctor more.