A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members

Dandruff and Hairfall

I am 20 years old male
the skin of my scalp comes off like white flakes in small pieces just like dandruff. and I am experiencing severe Hairfall with many bald patches already
please help. I have been consulting a dermatologist and presently goin through a MESO regrowth trestment. but with 2 months past I havnt even noticed any sign of reduction in Hairfall even.
please help. I am pretty sure its due to the dandruff which I dont think is normal
I am using shampoo every alternate day with a anti dandruff shampoo on every 4th time
so its like I am shampooing 4 times a week and I am not using any oil (all these was advised by my doctor but I dont think its right)
I think it may be some fungal infection or some other disease which is causing so much flaking off of my scalp skin and causing dandruff
please guide me......
I am getting bald at the age of 20!
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374246539
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
It can be due to dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis. Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases. You should get them prescribed from your doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions