Dent/scar in face after mole removal

I had a mole removed from my face but I noticed there was a dent or atrophic scar in the treated area afterward.  I've searched the web, and found that flat mole is better removed by laser rather than cauterization since laser only affects the surface and cauterization penetrates deeper and leaves scar. I suspect the doctor cauterized the mole instead of lasering it because I smelled burnt skin during the procedure. Does laser mole removal produce burnt skin smell too? I had a flat mole, but I don't know why he still chose to cauterize it. As a result, I got this bad looking dent on my face and I am really sad. Before the procedure, he told me that laser mole removal would not leave scar afterward. Thus, I assumed he was going to remove the mole by laser. Also, he did not need me to wear any goggle at all during the procedure. On the invoice, it stated clearly it was laser surgery. Is cauterization considered a laser surgery then? Is cauterization cheaper, easier and faster to perform than laser? During the time I was in his clinic, he seemed rush. Perhaps, I am thinking he wanted to rush me through by cauterizing a simple mole and at the same time, he wanted to charge me the price of laser which I guess is higher. Was he being inhonest with me? I'm totally disappointed. I hope you can suggest what I can do next. Thank you.
Laser removal of mole can produce a smell of burning skin. Also cauterization is a cheaper but less effective and slightly time consuming and from your symptoms it does not look like the mole has been cauterized. In cautery, an electrical instrument will cauterize or burn the area or a solution will be placed on the area. It looks like laser mole removal but you need to confirm the status from your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.