Discoloration on earlobe

I have some small red splotches on my earlobe that don’t itch or bother me. I noticed them when I was washing my face. Haven’t had any sort of trauma to the area except I found some old earrings that were silver (not sure if real silver or not), and it started to itch after a bit so I removed them. I’ve had my ears pierced for almost 23 years so it’s not anything fresh.

There is also a small bump on the back of it. I thought it was a pimple and popped it but it kind of itches now. But before I messed with it, it didn’t bother me. Could it be something from my old earrings or a possible bug bite?
COMMUNITY LEADER
My guess would be it's an irritation caused by the earring.  Just keep the area clean and keep an eye on it- if it gets worse you can head to the doctor and have them take a look.

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community