Avatar universal

Dry Flaking Skin at the base of penis

Ok, I am a 42 year old man that is very active.  I noticed I had a patch of dry skin at the base of my penis.  After a couple days it becomes flaky.  I am concerned about this, it appears to be spreading.  Been to doctor 3 times, tested for every STD  worth.  Just like an idea of what I might be dealing with....

This discussion is related to dry skin on penis.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Thank you for the information, I will take your advice and set an appointment up first of next week.  I'll post here with the results, thanks again....
Helpful - 0
563773 tn?1374246539
From the symptoms it does not look like a STD but it is good that you have had the STD panel tests. From the symptoms it can be eczema or seborrheic dermatitis. It is caused by overgrowth of fungus and that causes flaky, dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas on the face, upper torse and sometimes the genitalia. Treatment for both is entirely different and so I would suggest a dermatologist’s evaluation to confirm the diagnosis first.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions