Dry itchy facial skin.

Hi, I usually have oily acne prone skin. Past the last month or so it has gone really really dry. So dry that it's starting to form bumps on my cheeks and forehead. It is so bad that I can't even wear make up because in the really dry areas the makeup goes orange/bronze. It is scaly and also spreading only my eyelids. I've tried everything, moisturizers, exfoliating, facial masks, drinking plenty of water, etc. and nothing is helping, it sems to be getting worse. Its horrible. Please someone help.

From the symptoms that you have described the possibility of seborrheic dermatitis needs to be explored. It is usually caused by overgrowth of Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climates and is aggravated by sweating and humidity.

Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases. The other possibilities are of eczema, lupus erythematosus or dermatitis. Best would be to consult a dermatologist and get biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.