Dry skin spots

I've noticed a small rounded dry patch skin into my arm and I get alarmed because we are treating a baby with eczema. I'm not so sure if I also got it from a detergent soap, since I also do the washing most of the time. So I've just applied E45 cream, then red spots appeared suddenly. Its not itchy though but it gets bigger and I think its jumping.  I've noticed now I've got it on my right arm too.  I'm afraid it might be some kind of a skin disease I might have got it fom the baby. Kindly help me. Thanks.  

Dry skin patches may be due to a cold climate, the use of harsh cleansers, dehydration, allergies or  hormonal imbalance. Eczema is a chronic recurring intensely itchy inflammation of the skin. The cause of eczema is unknown but it is a genetic disease. It arises from interplay of multiple genes with external environmental factors. Self care such as cleansing and moisturizing as well as avoiding triggers will help. There are some medical treatments available also. Have this evaluated by your doctor for proper management. Direct clinical examination is important.
Take care and keep us posted.