Avatar universal

Dry white patch of skin on penis head

I've had it for about a couple months and it hasn't gotten better or worse, don't know what it is. It doesn't itch or burn or irritate in any way, it's just there. It is very dry and hard to the touch, but it softens up and returns to normal color for the most part when i'm showering because of the water.

1 Responses
5536886 tn?1455827346
It could just be a dry patch- but to know for sure you really need to see a doctor and have them give you an exam in person along with gathering your medical history.  It's impossible to tell you for sure what this is with a brief description online, and even a photo- you will want an accurate diagnosis, so have a doctor take a look at it in person.  
What is the name of the type of doctor I would go to for this? Would a dermatologist look at this? Or someone else because it's the skin of the genitals?
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions