Dermatology Forum

Dysplastic Nevus

I'm a caucasion male, early 40
Atypia means different things when used by different pathologists.  The current lesion does need to be re-excised--moderate atypia usually implies wanting to be certain that it's all out.

I continue to be perplexed by questioners who send me their lab tests and ask me what they mean.  Lab tests have to be interpreted in light of the clinical condition--that means by the doctor who ordered them.  If you're skeptical of that doctor's opinion, perhaps you should find another doctor you trust.  Interpreting biopsy reports out of context is likely to lead to distortion and confusion.

Dr. Rockoff
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions