Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.5k Members

Extremely Painful Lump In Arm

I have had a protruding lump in My mid upper right arm in the back for about eight years now. It is always hot to the touch and is extremely painful to touch even when putting a shirt on or moving the wrong way while sleeping. At times it throbs and is also very painful then, occasionally waking me out of a sound sleep or preventing me from getting to sleep.

I had it removed once but it has since grown back in the same spot. I was told at the time it was something called a gnomic tumor(like garden gnome) and that it was benign. I have searched on several occasions across the internet to find information on it but have come up empty handed every time.

I would like to better understand what it is I'm dealing with and if there are any medications or procedures to eliminate it successfully.
1 Responses
We are talking about 'Glomus tumour' aren't we? This could occur on forearm and painful too. Excision and lasers are themode of treatment.
Best wishes.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions