Extremely Painful Lump In Arm

I have had a protruding lump in My mid upper right arm in the back for about eight years now. It is always hot to the touch and is extremely painful to touch even when putting a shirt on or moving the wrong way while sleeping. At times it throbs and is also very painful then, occasionally waking me out of a sound sleep or preventing me from getting to sleep.

I had it removed once but it has since grown back in the same spot. I was told at the time it was something called a gnomic tumor(like garden gnome) and that it was benign. I have searched on several occasions across the internet to find information on it but have come up empty handed every time.

I would like to better understand what it is I'm dealing with and if there are any medications or procedures to eliminate it successfully.
We are talking about 'Glomus tumour' aren't we? This could occur on forearm and painful too. Excision and lasers are themode of treatment.
Best wishes.