54k Members

Face Wash

I have been using this face wash for a few days now that has citrus in it, well I am really allegric to citrus. I didnt know the face wash had citrus in it, until the damage was done. Now my face, is all burny, red, itchy, tight, rough, dry, stingy, hurting. I have went to the doctor and he told me to take bendryll, I took it all weekend and it didnt clear it up, so then I went back and he gave me hydrocortisone, which just makes my face burn even worse, anything i've tried as far as cream makes my face burn worse. what do i do? do i continue using the hydrocortisone even though it makes it burn worse. HELP!!! PLEASE!!
This is most likely an irritant contact dermatitis developed in response to either of the ingredients of the face wash. Contact dermatitis is a localized rash or irritation of the skin caused by contact with a foreign substance. It affects only the superficial layers of the skin causing inflammation of epidermis and dermis. This results in large, burning and itchy rashes, which can take several days or weeks to heal provided you do not reapply the balm. At home, you could try calamine lotions and cool colloidal oatmeal baths to help relieve itching.

Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.