Facial Sores Around Mouth & Nose

For the past several months I've been dealing with blisters or ulcers that reappear around my lips and nostrils.  I don't know if there is any correlation to stress, menstrual, or something else.  I've tried Abreva (sp?) and that seems to burn them so I don't use it.  An antifungal cream seems to help but not when it is full blown and it seems to be spreading outward.  From what I have read I don't think it is herpes.  My dematologist can't see me until May 2010!  And this seems to be worsening and I don't want to spread it to others.  What do you suggest?  Do you have an idea as to what it is?  At first I thought they were pimples or ace (at 48 I still suffer from that), but the liquid is clear when I mistakenly squished one which probably made it spread.  Several years ago on a cruise I suffered from sun poisoning - first time ever and it was on the upper lip and was horrible.  Could this be related?  Please help!
It sounds like perioral dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis like acne is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis. It mostly effects women and appear around the nose, mouth and eyes. Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.