Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

Flaky dry spot under lips that keep reappearing?

At the beginning of April I had gotten two blemishes under my lip (one on both side). I wanted to get rid of them as fast as possible so I went through my cupboard and found a cream called 'Rescue Cream' by Bach that I then applied to the blemishes and let sit for about 5 - 10 minutes until I noticed that the skin was beginning to turn red. I quickly washed it off with water and then applied utter cream to the areas in the hopes that this will help soothe the spots. I woke up the next morning with really bad dry, irritated, red skin on the same spots.. This stayed like this for about a week and my skin then began to peal. Thankfully it went away completely but it has come back a couple times - when I use a facial scrub on the spots so I have to make sure to avoid the whole area. It has come back now again; the spots are irritated, red, and flaky. What can I do to quicken the healing process and what can I do to prevent this from coming back again?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions