Flat warts

I have had flat warts on my hands (back and palms) and feet (bottom and top) for over 15 years now. I have left them alone for around 7-10 years and recently started seeking treatment again. Tried Candida shots and while I had sloughing in one tiny spot with the first shot and redness and swelling with the others no significant changes have happened. I intend to try other creams etc that are on the option list (aldara etc) and I'm taking cimetidine (rxd by my derm) just in case it might help. I just don't understand why my body has not fought this off. Any explanations? Someone suggested I see an immunologist?? I'm rarely sick but I do have other skin issues. I was diagnosed with grovers disease about 10 year ago and it was just re biopsied yesterday b/c my current derm thinks maybe it's flat warts too. The rash on my chest has come and gone though but now it's being persistent for sometime. I'm so frustrated with this. I've read a lot that persistence pays off with warts so do I just keep trying? Freezing really isn't an option just too many. IPL is on the list of treatment options as well.
For larger flat warts, surgery may be necessary to remove the lesions. A famous surgical option would be that of laser. Although laser surgery is expensive, it has proven to be effective. The warts are physically burned off with the laser treatment. Another alternative treatment would be cauterization. In this procedure, the affected tissue is destroyed with a hot instrument.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.