Folliculitis & Waxing

Hello there -

I'm currently suffering from really bad folliculitis on my legs, a bit on my arms, and even a few spots on my hands.  I've fortunately not gotten any on my bikini line or under my arms.  I've been taking Bactrim to help with the infection.  My health professional said this was from a razor with bacteria (I shave all of these areas).

However, would I have an outbreak of folliculitis if I waved my eyebrows and upper lip area?  I use an at-home waxing kit, and only on my face.  I just don't want to wax these sensitive areas and then have red pimple like bumps all over my face.

Cheers & thanks for any insights.
If your skin is prone to folliculitis, then waxing will aggravate the condition. Folliculitis and ingrown hair are common even after waxing. If you still want to go in for Brazilian waxing ,then apply cold compresses(ice cubes wrapped in a towel) on the rash and take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or claritin. You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash.It will help in soothing the skin. A mild corticosteroid cream like dermacort will also help.

Also you can go in for laser hair removal which causes permanent reduction of hair and does not cause folliculitis also. Please consult a good cosmetologist/dermatologist for that.

I hope it helps. take care and regards.