Folliculitis or Ingrown Hair

Recently whenever I shave my pubic area, folluculitis seems to occur. It's usually one bump and it's a pinkish color. The bump is ALWAYS where I've shaved or in that region. I've seen a doctor already and he said that it isn't herpetic or genital warts. But, it scares the hell out of me everytime I see a bump! Is it due to the fact that it's summer or because Im two months pregnant. I normally don't like to shave because I seem to get alot of ingrown hairs, but than my pubic area grows like wildflower and it's gross! Does anyone know of any other alternative shaving methods oppose to waxing? Help, please
It can be due to folliculitis or some cyst. Folliculitis and ingrown hair are common after waxing. If you still want to go in for Brazilian waxing ,then apply cold compresses(ice cubes wrapped in a towel) on the rash and take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or claritin. You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash. It will help in soothing the skin. A mild corticosteroid cream like dermacort will also help but it should be used only under medical supervision.

Also you can go in for laser hair removal which causes permanent reduction of hair and does not cause folliculitis also. Please consult a good cosmetologist/dermatologist for that.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.