Foot Cancer or Wart

I am a 29 yr old female of relatively good health. For almost as long as I can remember I have had a small non painful lump on the sole of my foot. It never hurt and I thought I had it from splinter I never took out as a child.
Recently during a pedicure the pedicurist decided she could scrape it off and she pulled off the top of it. That is when it started to hurt and has since become more and more painful. I thought it may have gotten infected and I went to the Dr.
Much to my surprise the Dr. started talking about Biopsys and cancers. Now I have to have a biopsy in a week and I cant think about anything else. If this were a cancer on my foot for that long shouldnt there be other signs? Could it just be that I had one of these plantars warts and that they never spread? Or could it just be something else entirely that is completely benign? Please help my fears
Thank you

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions. this could be warts.

Scraping the lesion was not a good idea - this could lead to bacterial or fungal skin infection or sweat dermatitis.

You should keep the areas clean, wear lose cotton socks, use a powder to avoid sweat collection, wear comfortable footwear.

You would probably need antibacterial and antifungal local application medications and a course of antibiotics if the lesion does not resolve.

Consult your doctor for a clinical examination. Do get your blood sugar checked too.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.