Dermatology Community
53.9k Members
Avatar universal

Freaked out about a lump


This afternoon I discovered a small blister like lump on my leg next to a sore,
I knew about the sore, (Which was just from a squeezed spot) but the lump is a new development.

It is a little like a white lump about the size of the centre of your little finger,
It's white and raised with a clear centre and has a red einged around it as well as the sore.

I tried squeezing it, thinking it was some sort of blister,
but it doesn't sqeeze, it was like trying to pop normal skin, and pus doesn't come out of it,
It's also painful if I press down on it.

Any idea as to what it is?
I'm really freaked by it!
2 Responses
Avatar universal
nothing to worry about, should go away itself after a week or so.. i get them all the time.. pressure points or something
563773 tn?1374246539
It can be a friction blister or infected hair follicle. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions