Freckles on my lips

Hello Dr.

I am a 30 year female that has freckles on my lips.  They started to come on my lips when I was around the age of 7 years old.  Now that I am an adult I get questioned about them ALL the time and it has me feeling very self conscious about them now. I am curious to find out what I can do to get rid of them? My lips are light pink and the freckles look like brown spots scattered on my lips. I have one area on the top right hand corner of my lips where the freckles have clustered together and it is darker than the other freckles therefore, it is more noticeable.

This discussion is related to Dark areas on lips.
I also have this problem.  I just went to the skin doctor's on Thursday.  Actually I saw the Physician Assistant.  But she said the only thing you could do is remove them with lasers.   Which she said would be expensive.  She said bleaching creams would not work.