Freezing off Mollusca

Hey i had a bad case of mollusca contagiosa right above my pubic region.  I got them frozen off 2 and a half days ago and was expecting quick results.  My doctor said they would fall off and be gone in about 10 days but as of right now, they are stiill there looking the same except the skin around each bump is bright red, making it appear worse(i know its probably normal) .

my question is, When will this red disappear and when am i "uncontagious?"  Does this sound normal?
besides getting them froze i havent done anything nor was i instructed to by my doctor,. he seemed pretty chill about the whole thing but it doesnt look any better after 2 days.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey guys!
just had exactly the same issue.. about 12 points frozen 5 days ago and now a new little one appeared on my penis and i got paniced...

did u get any better?????

thanx indeed
Helpful - 0
it is now thursday(got them froze monday morning) and they look pretty much identical to what they did monday afternoon minus the swelling.  No scabbing, and they are still bright red.  Im so frustrated with this i want them gone
Helpful - 0
Yes it sounds normal! I have molluscum in my genital area and have been having them frozen off for the past couple of months. They should turn colors and then start to scab over. Please keep me updated I'm determined to get rid of these so it would be great to hear any improvment you experience!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community