'Fungal-like' nails

My fingernails and toenails are shrivelled since when I was young and have taken all measures to cure it but to no avail. It seems as if it is fungal but have tried applying gel liquid/cream but it didn't work. So, I suspected that it was my lack of vitamins. But, the condition is still there. I thought that my new nails will grow over time but it is still shrivelled-looking. Please help! Thanks.
I had nail and skin problems since childhood along with migraines, anxiety, depression, tummy trouble, aphthous ulcers, things that would come and go but I always had something weird and doctors thought I was just anxious.  Nope!  I had Celiac disease, and this causes nutritional deficiencies, which affects your nails.  Some nail problems do respond to tea tree oil application, but it takes months of applying the pure oil every day.  

Do get blood tests for Celiac before you try stopping gluten.  I know the doctors will assure you that you don't have it and you're crazy, but that's because it wasn't their idea and they are prideful.